There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate–Linda Grayson
Hey guys, I just want to say, thank you for sticking with me through my blogging journey. I know I have not posted any of my “normal” stuffs, except baking post, but guess what? I am loving the transition. Last weekend, Nimah, my troublesome friend and I baked Sponge Cake, but she did most of the baking. I was just too lazy to work my hands plus she really did an amazing job in covering the cake with Chocolate, Coffee & Coconut frosting.
Ingredients for the sponge cake:
Eggs(6), baking powder, preservative, Vanilla butter & nut flavour, Icing Sugar, Flour, Groundnut oil, pink food colouring, Evaporated milk and a pinch of salt
1) Break six eggs and whisk well until it becomes very fluffy.
So Nimah shared a secret, if you want to know if your whisked egg is ready for some flour, write the number 8 on it and leave it for 10 seconds. If it disappears, then you know you have to keep whisking.
Can you spot the number 8?
2) Add your icing sugar and beat well.
3) You can melt your butter, but I used Groundnut oil mixed with evaporated milk.
4) Pour Groundnut oil mixed with milk inside the egg mixture and mix well.
5) Add seived flour which contains (baking powder, preservative & a pinch of salt) to the egg mixture and whisk well.
6) Add vanilla butter and nut essence.
7) Oil baking pan and cover with flour to prevent the cake from sticking.
7) Pour half of the batter in the baking pan and bake.
8) Add pink food colouring to the remaining batter and bake.
9) End result
For the Frosting
Cadbury hot chocolate, Cowbell instant Coffee, Coconut, Butter, Evaporated Milk and icing sugar
1) Melt your butter and milk on low heat.
2) Sieve icing sugar in a bowl and add the Cadbury hot chocolate, Cowbell instant Coffee to it.
3) Mix well until it’s incorporated properly.
4) Add melted butter with milk and vanilla essence to chocolate mixture, gradually to prevent oil overload.
If you notice the frosting is oily, add more icing sugar/chocolate/ coffee to it.
5) Mix well, and then apply the frosting in between and over your cake.
PS: Use plastering knife to cover the cake because of the frosting.
6) Sprinkle sweetened/ unsweetened desiccated coconut.