When going to church becomes boring

White Lotus ~ Miks' Pics "Flowers lll" board @ http://www.pinterest.com/msmgish/flowers-lll/: Sen067 z45x100cm by duongquocdinh.deviantart.com on @DeviantArt:

“Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.” ― Garrison Keillor

Important Notice– I won’t be posting regularly because of my upcoming exams- please bear with me  🙂 .  I really don’t have anything to post today except a piece I wrote on Sunday, I ‘d just leave that here. Also stay tuned for a guest post this week, it contains a very interesting topic, watch out. 🙂

Isn’t anyone sick and tired of all the dramas that takes place in some churches? The conflict between pastors, the division of congregation like they were assets left behind by a dead relative. Isn’t anyone bored of how the church prescribes rather than describe. They tell us -this is what one have to do . They interpret the bible in their own way and judge one on the notion of one’s self expression. In all I feel churches need to redefine themselves rather than having hungry pastors extort their members or making them believe  that ones blessings was equivalent to ones pocket. I have stopped going to church for quite sometime now especially when ‘m back home, it isn’t because I was lazy; I just hate the fact that one had to hold the service at different venues every week because of lack of fund. Yet I often wondered where the donations and offerings went. Perhaps I was lazy, I still disliked the way those judging eyes would scrutinize one from head to toe trying to pinpoint a fault in one’s attire. I thought the church was a place where even the lost and broken could walk in anytime, but it’s all wrong. The system is broken; there have never been a place for unity ever since one doctrine began to have more than 2 or 3 branches within the same location like there were business rivals competing for customers.

1. Joel Jemba says:

Great insights in here, I couldn’t agree more. Thanks for sharing.
    Best Wishes in your upcoming exams.

1. Joel Jemba says:

Bless you more

2. D'Dream says:

I feel your disappointments and probably would do same if I am in church.
    But I felt there is no perfect church anywhere because churches is made up of imperfect congregation. If we all think and dwell on our misgivings about attending church then I am sure there won’t be anyone else going to church.
    Personally I go to church to meet God and not people.

Best wishes and success in your upcoming exams.

Every blessings

Thankz you…blessing

3. Churches are so ceremonial and too religious . God really has no religion and what churches should really be preaching is love and charity not money money money money money. Honestly, they just want your money and nothing more honestly and they don’t even care what you’re going through they just want your money. There is always a pending project .

That’s true…lolz…😂😂

4. 29th Mile says:

It’s the sad state of many churches in Nigeria, unfortunately. But it was never God’s will for it to be that way. Fortunately, I attend a church in the US that pays attention to Jesus and biblical principles, and I tell you, our Tuesday meetings are the best part of my week! It’s a community where we pay attention to one another’s needs through the outflow of love we’ve received from Jesus.

While I was in Nigeria, I was able to discover that church isn’t the only place one can meet and relate with God. We all have access to a Bible, and it doesn’t matter who we are, what we’ve done or what we think will disqualify us from hearing God. He wants to be known and will speak to us as we search for Him when we read His word, think on it and pray. More than anything else, Jesus came to earth to call us to a relationship, a walk with God. That we know His heart is what’s most important to Him. Sadly, many people have left this road to chase money instead even though Bible says ‘seek God’s kingdom and His righteousness first, and everything else will be added’

It’s good to hear that things are totally different from the way it is over here…I hope for Improvement in Nigerian churches

5. I agree. When going to church became a spiritual thing for me was when I gave up on being “theologically” correct and simply enjoyed the communion with God. Good luck on exams.

6. zaram says:

Going to church becomes boring when it becomes religious activity.

As for me, I love my church. I love going to church and I love the fellowship of brethren.
    God’s presence is beautiful.

7. dahpyzy says:

Somthing becomes boring when we have no plan / purpose / reason doing that particuar thing. In accordance church becomes boring when you have no reason, purpose or plan. I absolutely agree with you. Why? Because a perfect church simply doesn’t exist. We will for sure see different type of cracks in their wall. You will definitely see all kind of people in church; selfish, arrogant, fornicator, adulterer, witches, wizards, ritualists and so on. And many of the church leaders have their churches established to finance their family with the tithe and offering. I was also in your shoes since April. I even decided to leave the choir due to the fact that i know i was working for man and not for God. But i got to understand that what matters is your heart. The bible even says ;Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. It didn’t say when you search for me through your prophets. Our heart is what matters most.