What then is Love?

surrealism: Love by Simon Siwak, 2012. Digital artwork. Simon’s other works are for sale here. O5 has always been my favorite piece from him.: im broken - Google keresés:

• Love by Simon Siwak, 2012. Digital artwork

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Please don’t ask me what love is because I don’t know. I don’t want to say things that would make me or probably you angry. All I know is love makes people do stupid things. It’s what makes a 300level girl subject herself to public humiliation from a 400level student she calls her ‘boyfriend’. It’s what makes a house wife, a full grown woman allow her husband ejaculate in her ear or allows a boyfriend urinate in his girlfriends mouth. Has anyone been following all these relationship accounts on Instagram? It’s what make a guy advice his girl friend to sell her body for him. It’s what makes a father disrespect the family bond and molest his daughter because he feels that blood is everything. Seriously love is faux; something people say to make you weak or subdue one to one’s downfall.
Any opinions?

1. Love is an alibi to apologetic way of life!

2. papberry says:

Love is a powerful tool…the fake ones for evil and the ultimate(agape) turns bad to good!

Good Definition…💜💜

3. Joel Jemba says:

I wonder why people are defining love is the comment section, ain’t they making you angry and all?
    Love, though!

Lolz😆😆😆freedom!

4. twtonline says:

I love this a lot. Great work. Like very good. Love the art as well.

5. toksdavid says:

Love is what God has for us.

6. Funke olotu says:

Love is pure,that’s one thing I know. So many people do not know what love is because they already have a picture in their head of what it’s supposed to be.

True…by being ‘pure’ , what do you mean?

1. Funke olotu says:

True…That type that when you see someone you love happy with someone else,you’ll simply be happy for them.

7. Love is sharing your life with a spouse, lover, significant other who would rather die than embarrass, humiliate, or demean his/her partner. If you have an open mind about the Bible, check out 1 Corinthians chapter 13. It’s called the ‘love chapter’ and it defines what love is and what love is not. Great stuff. Thanks. I know God is loving you.

I always love your comments ☺😊, you introduce me to new dimensions… yess God is loving me, that’s actually the meaning of my name😊😊😊

1. Really, that’s beautiful

Thanks for commenting

8. adetutu says:

Love is beautiful. Even though I have always thought I have never really gotten to feel what true love is. I realised I was looking for it in the wrong place. Love is already in us, all we need to do is nurture it till it grows. Love isn’t only about caring for your partner/spouse. Love is sharing what you have with those who don’t have. Taking time to be there for people who have no one. Don’t wait until you don’t need something anymore before you get it out. Love is caring for people around you just as much as you would care for yourself. Although, nowadays people do not get what love is, so they label it has hurtful, evil. Love is pure, beautiful. It is the lack of it that attracts negativity. Many people have endured what they could/should have walked away from in the name of love, because they are scared that no one will ever love them again. By doing this, they suffocate their love. It grows weary and it starts to wither. Love grows well under good conditions.. Don’t suffocate it and don’t keep it where it can be trampled on. If someone is unable to cope with your shortcomings, it isn’t because they don’t love you. It is because they know their capabilities.. Don’t blame them. We have different tolerant rates. Love is intoxicating, you find yourself thinking good thoughts, humming unconsciously. Love isn’t about being with the perfect person. Love is being with an imperfect person without trying to force the person into being someone he or she is not. You can help the person be a better version of himself/herself. Love sacrifices, respects.. Don’t mistake suffering for love. You deserve the best. If someone isn’t giving you the best that you deserve and you know that you deserve much more than that, then you need to pack your things and leave. Don’t endure slaps and punches, humiliation in the name of love. Such a person doesn’t respect you. We love because God who made us is love. Love doesn’t contain any negativity.