7 reasons why I like the Dark

My First guest post on ‘Depression’ by Tawni

50 Breathtaking Examples Of Surreal And Dark Artworks | Free and Useful Online Resources for Designers and Developers:

“I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.”
― Og Mandino

1. Nobody can see me
2. Nobody can see me
3. Nobody can see me
4. Nobody can see me
5. Nobody can see me
6. Nobody can see me
7. One of my best talents is blending in, hiding, shying away or whatever you all call it.
The dark is my safe place.
You can’t see my faults, flaws and imperfections.
I struggle with depression and just a little hint of OCD.
When I’m upset I’m a mess.
Loud music doesn’t help anymore.
Those voices have found their way into the lyrics of my favourite songs
Songs that once calmed my mind
Their words jumbled up in my head. Loud,screaming
They crawled up into my headphones one night and they never left
They’ve found their way into the air
So I breathe, feel and sometimes see them.
When I have mood swings I can’t decide if I want to be alive or not
But I never think of suicide. I like the slow death, let life pick me up in her mouth and chew me vigorously and then spit me out on the ground.
Nobody knows I suffer from depression because I’m good at hiding it. Hiding is one of my talents, and things are best hidden in the dark.

©Tawni

If you love reading beautiful poems that are straight from the heart, visit https://anikeanna.wordpress.com/ make sure u like, leave a comment and also  follow…*muah 🙂 thanks

1. Adetutu says:

This is beautiful.
    Many love the dark, not because of the evil that lives in man’s heart, but because it is the only succour away from the judging eyes that pierce their souls, ever moving lips that speak about their imperfections and actions that leave their hearts aching as they cry themselves to sleep and drift off to a place where the nightmare continues; pointing fingers, echoing laughter, walking down a lonely pathway with nothing but voices telling them to just end their lives. Depression is a depressing thing, some people overcome it, some wallow in it till they are forced to welcome the grim solitary reaper.
    Simple words that describe a lot of emotions. Nice one Tawani.

@tutu Ur comments are always anoda beautiful piece to post

1. Exactly ooooo, this is stimulating. 🙂

2. wow this is great, Nifemi think I will borrow these your audience to guestpost on my theme “SUICIDE”. I hope light shines somewhere in these dark tales though 😉

2. Amazingly brilliant! So much in a word and I could relate

That’s the beautiful part about writing- when the next psn can also reflect on it…thnkz for reading through nd commenting

1. Yea. You’re so right! Makes me wanna participate in the theme though.

why not…u could mail me @ ologunorisanifemi@gmail.com…looking forward to ur post…

3. Alright boo. I’d work on it and send it.

3. theanonymouscherif says:

Coming close to suicide but never attempting it; drab-sounding fav songs like eating stale bread;pocketing darkness from all eyes.I can definitely relate,different and profound beginning:through the repetition of the sentence
    Mild and soft style;your words make depression soothing
    COPACETIC

Hmmm…this is when u reply u a powerful piece wif anoda powerful 1…thnkz for commenting

4. Angel Adugbe says:

Reblogged this on and commented:

gold.